ONSMS is seeking a Certified Medical Assistant
Certified Medical Assistant Job Description
Certified Medical Assistant is asked to assist with registration of patients for COVID-19 vaccine administration/testing and inform/provide some form of feedback to patients to motivate behavior change to reduce health risks. Proper PPE provided. Note: This is a temporary position through October, 2021.
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. Assist clinic staff to register individuals for clinic testing
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patients; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood;
- Ability to bend, pull, push, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Other duties as assigned
- Clinical Skills, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Hospital Environment, Procedural Skills, Documentation Skills, Verbal Communication, Inventory Control, Planning, Dependability, Medical Teamwork Certified Medical Assistant
- One year of relevant and/or specialty experience preferred
- Current Health Certificate
- Current TB