Advanced Practice Provider Job Description
Responsible for providing clinical care in alignment with the mission of vaccine management protocols and accepted evidence-based guidelines and COVID-19 testing. In addition, they will work with leadership on team performance toward quality and productivity outcomes, and any additional clinical outcome goals. Note: This is a temporary position through October, 2021.
- Assesses individual patient conditions for COVID-19 utilizing clinical observation, medical records, verbal information and interaction with patient/family.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such differences.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize medical knowledge and sound judgment to appropriately diagnose and treat COVID-19 patients according to the patient’s age, within scope of training and approved privileges.
- Thoroughly documents the patient encounter in a legible, comprehensive and accurate manner utilizing ONSMS approved formats and updates pertinent medical record forms, within 24 hours of the patient encounter.
- Ability to bend, pull, push, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Other duties as may be required
- Licensed as an Advanced Practice Provider (i.e., Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant) in the state of North Carolina.
- Demonstrated clinical competency. Effective leadership skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and collaboratively. Demonstrated written and verbal communication and strong analytical skills. Effective interaction to ensure the successful care of patients in the clinical setting.
- Documentation in the medical record to substantiate accurate billing.
- At least 2 years’ experience
- Demonstrated clinical competency
- Effective leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and strong analytical skills.
- Effective interaction to ensure the successful care of patients in the clinical setting. Documentation in the medical record to substantiate accurate billing.