Social Worker/Caseworker Job Description
Caseworker creates a network of coordinated care to efficiently and effectively connect individuals to needed services. Makes referrals for needed services, including Behavioral Health. Note: This is a temporary position through October, 2021.
- Assessing cases and compiling case reports containing relevant information.
- Collecting information related to social determinants of health.
- Ensuring that case reports are kept up to date
- Providing support, guidance and counsel to individuals in need.
- Making referrals or introductions to other agencies
- Encouraging individuals to participate in rehabilitation programs
- Reporting abuse, neglect or dependency
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in social work
- Master’s degree is preferred
- State licensure
- Basis computer skills
- Must be socially perceptive to work with individuals who have difficulty expressing their needs
- Knowledge of crisis-intervention methodologies
- One year of relevant and/or specialty experience preferred
- Effective leadership skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and strong analytical skills.
- Effective interaction to ensure the successful care of patients in the clinical setting.
- Must be organized and practical
- Proven coordination skills to connect individuals/families with relevant services
- Ability to compromise, negotiate, and work well with others